What is the role?
You could join our leading Sports Medicine & Science team as an Assistant Professional Development Phase (PDP) Physiotherapist role which will assist the Professional Development Phase Physiotherapist in providing a first class physiotherapy & injury prevention service to the U18 and U23 squads.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a progressive Sports Medicine and Science interdisciplinary team promoting the health and well-being of players while providing a first class physiotherapy and injury prevention service. This is a role for a passionate physiotherapist with a hunger for organising, developing and implementing the best methods of injury prevention, performance enhancement, rehabilitation, care and advice.
In addition the successful candidate will actively contribute in a medical and science department that is viewed as a centre of excellence in injury and illness prevention, injury management and cutting edge medical and science research.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for CSP/HCPC registered candidates with four years post graduate BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy, knowledge of movement dysfunction analysis and intervention and experience in managing and co-ordinating medical staff and patient list. It will be desirable to have a minimum of one years’ experience of working in an interdisciplinary Sports Medicine and Science team with good knowledge of movement and dysfunction analysis and intervention.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious, hardworking individual who will actively contribute to the department. Excellent communication skills are paramount in order to liaise with players, parents and colleagues within the Academy and the rest of the Club in a professional manner. Exceptional organisational skills are required for maintaining accurate medical records.
We are looking for a candidate who can be part of a multi-disciplinary team, be proactive and innovative in their approach and communicate effectively at all levels.
The competencies which are required include:
- 4 years post grad BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (min 2:1 qualification).
- Knowledge of movement dysfunction analysis and intervention.
- Experience in managing and co-ordinating medical staff and patient list.
- CSP/HCPC registered.
- Good knowledge and experience of manual therapy skills.
- Knowledge in injury prevention methods and recovery strategies.
- Previous experience working as a physiotherapist in a professional football club and experience in working in an interdisciplinary sports science and medical team.
- Knowledge and experience in delivering and planning effective methods of injury prevention and aiding performance enhancement.
- Experience of working as a band 6 (Senior II or I) in an out-patients’ department for a minimum 18 months.
- Up to date AREA qualification.
- Sports Massage
- Demonstrate an understanding of kinetic control principles.
- Working towards an MSc.
- Desire for self-improvement and continuous professional development.
- Ability and enthusiasm to instruct, teach, share knowledge and be a resource for all staff members.
- Interest in contributing to current research projects.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• A competitive salary depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 22 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 02 October 2016.